Friday 24 July 2009

Kids Club

Over the last few days I have noticed a large weight gain on one of the Danios and a large weight loss from the speckled Molly. This morning I discovered why. I noticed a baby Molly swimming amongst the Vallis. So we have officially opened a kids club at the hotel.

I thought the mommy Molly looked a bit on the plump side when we got her and hoped she was pregnant, turns out that she was. I guess the rest of the young became a fast food snack for the rest of the fish as the last remaining one was not there tonight. This would explain why the Danio's stomach is so swollen. Eating food on the swim. If I had more foliage in the tank for the babies to hide in, it might have increased their survival chances. Pity I did not have a small tank to transfer the babies to, might be something I will get in the future.

Took some photos, but because of the Mollie's size it was very difficult to get a decent shot.

Can you see the baby?

Look at the red circle

No comments:

Post a Comment