Sunday 5 July 2009

Bloodworms

Today we went to the local fish shop to get some frozen bloodworms for the guests. I thought it would be a good idea to vary their diet. The bloodworms come in a pack of 30 portions. I popped one portion out and dropped the frozen cube into the tank. It took a while to thaw out and then sank to the bottom of the tank as one big lump of knotted worms. The fish loved them, especially the Danios, Cories and the Cardinals. One Danio ate so much that it's stomach is now exceptionally swollen. Hope this will not cause it any harm.

I think the amount of worms in one portion is too much for the number of fish I have in the tank at the moment. Next time I treat them I will only give them half the amount and also thaw it out before hand so that it can spread around the tank in the current, giving the fish more of a chance to get some, instead of them all fighting over it at one location and the strongest hogging it all to themselves.


I am a bit worried about the last Guppy at the moment. He was not interested at all in the worms and is very lethargic at the moment. I suspect he is not well and might be checking out soon as well.

1 comment:

  1. Here's a link for you:
    http://www.theaa.com/travel_editorial/hotel_services_hotel_recognition_scheme.html

    I'd suggest you get an AA star rating. You should qualify for 5 stars. You have:

    Courteous, professional staff
    Rooms with en suite (and fully serviced)
    A restaurant with a high quality menu
    Extra facilities eg swimming pool and plants
    Medical centre
    etc

    ReplyDelete