Monday 17 August 2009

Sick Molly

This morning I noticed that my black molly was not eating when I was feeding the fish and on further inspection I noticed that his scales are sticking out. This is an indication of a condition called Dropsy. Not sure what caused it. The Internet lists possible causes as poor water conditions, poor diet, bacterial and some viral infections. I did a water test and the results were fine, but to be on the safe side I did a water change. Unfortunately Dropsy is usually fatal as it an indication of swollen internal organs. It is not contagious, but the cause of the infection could be. So it looks like I will be removing a dead fish from the tank in the next day or two. Because both L and I like the black molly, it will be replaced as soon as the tank has settled down with the other new occupants.

No comments:

Post a Comment