Wednesday 13 May 2009

First unofficial guest

I decided to give the tank glass a clean as I thought the glass was starting to look a bit cloudy. Using the algae magnet, which are two magnets, one with a rough fabric for cleaning the glass on the inside of the tank and the other with a smooth fabric that is used on the outside, I was able to remove the beginnings of the algae and dirt that was starting to accumulate on the glass. This proved to be quite necessary and I will make this a weekly routine in summer, probably a day before I do a gravel clean and water change, giving the removed bits time to settle on the bottom so that they can be removed with the clean.    


While cleaning around the thermometer, I noticed a small snail attached to the thermometer, making it the first unofficial guest to be staying at the Fish Hotel. It probably came with the plants I bought and I will probably find more with time. They can add another dynamic to the tank, as long as they do not get out of control. I am sure a few will also become a fish take-away when the fish start arriving, but I am starting to get ahead of myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is getting better - fresh fish and fresh snails for dinner ;)

    ReplyDelete