Monday 27 April 2009

Completed Cabinet

By Sunday night I had completed the cabinet and after cleaning the alcove L and I moved it into place. The dark wood is a bit lighter than the rest of the lounge furniture, but still matches nicely.

I have decided to put an artificial backing in the tank and am going to use the Juwel Rock 600 structured background. It is a 3 dimensional background, which is attached to the inside rear glass panel with silicone adhesive. Hopefully it will create a few crevices for the fish to hide under and a place for a few plants like Java Fern (Microsorium pteropus) to attach to. Currently I am waiting on the delivery of a second panel to the pet shop before I will be able to install them. Once the panels are in I will move the tank onto the cabinet and start the next phase of putting the gravel and water in. 

1 comment: